Queen & Lady-In-Waiting
Meet Your 2023 Royalty
The Fair Royalty are ambassadors of goodwill for the community and youth of Southeast Weld County area. Their purpose is to promote the Southeast Weld County Jr Fair & Rodeo.
2023 Queen: Bonnie Koehn
My name is Bonnie Koehn and I am your 2023 Southeast Weld County Queen. I am the daughter of Mark and Tiffany Koehn, and have two sisters, Tessa and Audrey. I have been showing in the SEWC Fair since I was very little, when my parents raised goats. I show horses at the fair, and am a part of the Keene 4H Booster Club. I have been involved in 4H since I was 8 years old, showing goats, horses, chickens, and cake decorating. I have been around horses all my life, and started riding my Queen horse, Queeda, when I was around 11.
My future plans are to graduate high school and go to Texas A&M at College Station for my doctorate degree to become an Orthodontist.
Make sure to come say Hi to my Lady-in-Waiting and I during the 2023 Southeast Weld County Fai!
Lady-In-Waiting: Hannah Chambers
Hello, my name is Hannah Chambers, and I am your 2023 Southeast Weld County Lady-In- Waiting! I am 15 years old and will be a Senior next fall at Weld Central High School. I have grown up in the Southeast Weld County community with my mom, Kara, and younger brother Hayden, and have been attending this fair ever since I can remember. I have been showing Arabian horses since I was two years old and have always had a passion for the agricultural community. While showing horses I have received many awards including state awards, multiple grand and reserve grand championships, and countless other placings. I now have continued my journey with horses and have found a passion for training them as well.
I have been in FFA for three years now where I actively compete in horse judging and received fourth in the state last year. Along with competing in horse judging I have also competed in quiz bowl and parliamentary procedure. I have received both my greenhand and chapter degree. In addition to being active in FFA, I am also on the Weld Central Volleyball team.
After graduating from high school, I plan to go to college to be a mixed animal veterinarian. I would also like to continue my passion for horses by joining a collegiate equestrian team while earning my degree. I am extremely excited to share my love of agriculture with the community and am honored to be your Southeast Weld County Lady-In-Waiting this year!
Lady-In-Waiting Contest Judging
A panel of judges will score contestants in the following areas:
- Personal Interview
- Prepared Speech
- Impromptu Questions
- Written Test on Fair & Rodeo Knowledge
- Horsemanship Knowledge and Riding Skills
Lady-In-Waiting Contest Guidelines & Contestant Eligibility
- Young ladies who have turned at least 15 by current fair date and not exceeded their 19th
- Contestants must be single, never married, without child and not planning to marry prior to the conclusion of their royalty reign.
- Contestants must live in the RE-3J school district or physically attend RE-3J school.
- Royalty must be willing to make a reasonable amount of appearances representing the Southeast Weld County Jr Fair & Rodeo.
- Any questions which may arise about a contestant’s eligibility should be addressed to the Queen Coordinator and/or fair board members.
- In the event the Queen or Lady-in-Waiting does not fulfill her duties, she will reimburse the Southeast Weld County Jr Fair & Rodeo fair board for any prizes won or expenses incurred in that capacity.
- The Lady-in-Waiting or Queen must not serve/represent any other associations in any royalty capacity during her reign for the Southeast Weld County Jr Fair & Rodeo.
Term to Be Served
The reign of the Queen and Lady-in-Waiting will be from August of the contest year to August of the following year. At the time of the contest, the contestant with the highest score will be named Lady-in-Waiting and continue in that position for one year. The current Lady-in-Waiting will take over the responsibilities of Queen at the end of that term and continue as Southeast Weld County Jr Fair & Rodeo Queen for one year.